Thursday, May 21, 2009

Movie Night

Apparently I suck at movie reviews, so I'll spare you. But last night I watched "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and "Slumdog Millionaire."


"Paul Blart: Mall Cop" was almost exactly like "Observe and Report." In case you haven't seen either, they're both about loser mall cops who try to save the day. Inevitably there's a girl involved and an "inside job" going on. Now that I think about it, the similarities between the two movies are almost too much. It's like they're the same movie. Either way, it was okay. That's the best I can do. It was pretty funny at times, just because I like Kevin James (and Seth Rogen in Observe and Report).


Slumdog Millionaire, though, was excellent. It was a really good movie.

If you haven't seen it I would say you definitely should. I didn't expect much out of it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can give you a very brief synopsis as not to ruin anything. It's about "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" (I think that's the show) in India. This young kid is winning big time, and they think he is cheating, so he is going through telling how he knows the answers. It's nothing like what you would expect. I won't say anymore.

Somehow though, I managed to stay up until midnight (which is super late for me) to finish this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...