Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

When it comes to Valentine's Day, I'm the luckiest person alive! I have two amazingly sweet valentines to share my love with... so long as they don't find out about each other. Just kidding. My two loves, of course, are Gary and Vincent.

I'm not usually a a huge Valentine's Day person. Last year G, V and I went out to dinner, but only because we got home late. I always say, show people that you love them every day- not just one day a year. But, Valentine's Day can be fun too and who doesn't love a little surprise?

This year, my honey surprised me with the KitchenAid classic series mixer. It's white. He was going to get one in some fun color, but I'm glad he didn't because I should have the mixer for a long time and white goes with any color I could have my kitchen painted. Plus I have white appliances.

mixer

It was for Vin and me because we love to bake together. Dada loves to eat the cookies and other treats. If this mixer sounds like a win-win-win it's because it is.

We immediately set to work and baked some gingerbread cookies and peanut butter cookies. It was so quick and easy! We both love the mixer. I can't wait to try making bread and other stuff with it too.

Vincent is decorating.
IMG_1411

As you can see, Vincent's new bear "Eddy Teddy" from Grammy was a big help during this baking process.
IMG_1412

IMG_1419

Silly boy!
IMG_1415

Gary gave us the mixer Sunday. I'm glad he did because he should be super tired tomorrow from plowing snow today. Anyway, whether your valentines are big or little, young or older- I hope you have an excellent day celebrating your love. If you don't have a significant other, don't forget to be thankful for others in your life that you couldn't live without!

Until next time, goodnight blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...