Sunday, February 19, 2012

Handmade Hat Rack

Did I ever show you guys my awesome new hat rack?
Please ignore all the belts...
IMG_6554
I had an awkward space in my room. My jewelry box used to be there but I moved it... It just needed...something. I decided I wanted a hat rack.
IMG_6555
Gary scoured the city looking for a cute hat rack. He actually found one...but it was made from a tree branch (cool) but didn't look very sturdy (not cool). Then, he decided to make me one from scrap wood. We went to World Market together to pick out the hooks.
IMG_6556
There area few different colors of hooks.
IMG_6557
Here's the base.
IMG_6558
It looks pretty cute with hats on it.
IMG_6559
Anyway, I love how it turned out and it fills the space perfectly!
We were thinking about staining it in the spring, but I think I like the used, rustic look.
Aren't I lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...