I went to the library... list in hand... hoping to find at least one good book to read. I got several suggestions off of a friends goodreads list, and some I've just been wanting to read. My list included (not in order):
1. P.S. I Love You
2. Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office
3. Nickel and Dimed: On (not) Getting By in America
4. Mistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope
5. The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
6. Searching for God Knows What
7. The Imperfect Mom: Candid Confessions of Mothers Living in the Real World
The first 3 I borrowed from Jennelle's list. Numbers 1, 3, 4, and 5 were checked out. 2,6, and 7 were not at the library. I put a reserve on the 4 they did have and ended up with:
A Healing Touch: True Stories of Life, Death, and Hospice I started it Yesterday, and finished it today. it was a really touching book filled with stories full of life and love. It was also very easy to read.
I also got: Dating Jesus: A Story of Fundamentalism, Feminism, and the American Girl
I picked them both off of the new release shelf to hold me over until I could get one of the other books I would like to read.
I haven't started the second one yet, but I'm getting ready to right now. :) I'll let you know how it is.
I have several more things going on, that I'll post about later. Until then, goodnight.