Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

I don't actually have an alive father.

But even if I did, I wouldn't have gotten to do anything with him. Not for the first time, I reflected on that this year. I got sad for a minute, but then I thought of how I broke the cycle by finding a wonderful father for my own son.

Several weeks ago V and I went and got G some new work shoes for Father's Day. He needed new ones desperately, but hates buying things like that. I knew he wouldn't buy any for himself until his soles had fallen out or they were unsafe for work.

I love Brown's Shoe Store in Washington, because they always have good clearance racks. G really likes New Balance shoes. I found a pair of these babies in his size:

They were even in a wider size, for G's big fat feet (which he swears the baby gets from me...).

The bottoms are perfect for his ramps at work and he really seemed to like them.

Lil V is a bad secret keeper though. When we got home from getting them he kept asking, "Where are your shoes, Dada?" lol. Luckily it was about 3 weeks before Father's Day, so he didn't really catch what was going on. He just thought V was wondering where his shoes were.

The Thursday before Father's Day, V and I went to get Dada a card. Vincent picked out a Spider-Man card for G. He (babe) was thrilled.

I told him it was a surprise, but when we got home G was home from work and V ran straight to him and told him we got him a surprise. "A Spider-Man card!" he told Dada. It was funny and cute. Good job with the secret babe!

Saturday night after I got off work, I ran by Wal-Mart and got some stuff to make breakfast for G in the morning before we both had to work. I made delicious French toast, and bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches on English Muffins. mmm.

I used thick sliced bacon, and I baked it in the oven. It was a recommendation from a friend, and it was so good. It was crispy, and it didn't shrivel up. I splurged on the best OJ ever:

Overall, it was a pretty good day. Even work wasn't half-bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...