Saturday, March 7, 2009

I knew it wouldn't be long...

I knew it wouldn't be long before I could tell a ridiculous work story. This one is fairly mild compared to some, but it just occured, so we'll start here.

Last night, a lady asked me if the Caesar salad had vinegar in it. I told her it didn't. You may or may not be catching on, but I really wasn't thinking about it.

She looks at me and says, "Can you make, like, for positive sure?" So I went to the back and asked the buffet people if there was any reason the Caesar salad would have vinegar in it (my mistake). They said no, so I went back and reported again that it didn't have vinegar.

Lady says, "Well I don't have her Epipen shot here, so if I give this to her (referring to her maybe 2 year-old daughter) and it does we're in trouble.

I didn't know what to say, so I said "I don't think it should be a problem."

I spoke too soon because as soon as I went to the back someone came running to me to tell me that the dressing did, indeed, have vinegar in it. Crap! I ran back out and told Lady, I was sorry, but there was vinegar in the dressing.

She looks at me and says, "I know. All salad dressing does. So does ketchup, mustard, mayo. All of it; it's a preservative."

Really?! Then why did you ask me if you already knew? It's like she was testing me. I didn't know what to say, so I turned to the 2 year-old and said, "I'm glad your mommy didn't listen to me!"

My other question is, why does a 2 year-old need salad? Also, if you doubted me, why would you even consider giving it to her. There is a ton of other non-vinegar food. Ugh.
And this is part of the reason I hate my job. Pepole look for stuff to complain about all the time.

On a happier note, my family and I went to the zoo today. It was a perfect day, and for once all of the animals were awake. It really was a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. To answer the question about 2 year olds and salad. My little dude loves salad. They don't need it but he sure devours it.

    And the zoo...I hate that...not the good days...but when you go and ALL the freakin' animals are asleep. Frustrating.

    Good story. Good post. Stupid customers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I had no idea. I guess we just never tried it, there's too many other good things at a buffet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...