Monday, September 13, 2010

Something Sweet

The other day I got an e-mail from an old teacher of mine. I had her for fundamentals of reporting at Webster, one of my first college journalism classes. She works at a large paper in St. Louis. I'm not oging to be too specific because I don't like using people's names without asking them. Anyways, here is a small part of what she wrote, congratulating me on my job.
"I'm thrilled to hear about your new job, and I'm so glad they recognized that you're a good hire. I'll be eager to hear how it's going for you, and I hope you'll send me links to stories you're proud of. I mentioned you to an editor today, in fact. I told him that I planned to keep track of my best students in the event of possible openings down the road. Papers have taken a bad hit, but things seem to have stabilized here for the moment. I'm awfully glad I didn't scare you away from the field with my too-honest, doom-and-gloom reports! I know you're going to be great at this stuff."
Her little letter made me feel great. She was one of my favorite teachers at Webster and I'm glad she remembers me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...