Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Resolution Recap

Well, well, well- here we are- embarking on a new year. I know I'm a little late but I haven't really thought of a good resolution for this year. I thought before I made a resolution I should look back at my resolutions from last year.

Before I copy them, it's important to note I was feeling a little...off...at this time last year. In 2010 I graduated from school and got a job. In 2011 I was thinking "now what?" on more than one level. So I was a little, maybe, overly ambitious. That said, here we go.

At home:

To be a good, loving mother to Vincent and partner to Gary.

To teach Vincent to read and write, which we're already doing really, really well on. Also, to get him ready for preschool or kindergarten, whichever comes first.

Recap: Vincent is reading and writing like crazy. He reads everything, sounds out words and is really smart. Vincent started preschool in 2011 too and I think he was ready. He is doing so well. In all, my 2011 "home" category is a success!

Personal:

Find a church I can call home

Complete a 5K

Spend more time with my family

Spend less time social networking

Get back into scrapbooking

Crochet more

Pay off the Jetta, credit cards and make a good dent in my student loans

Take my family on a vacation

Recap: I did not find a church I loved. I visited one and didn't "feel"right and that's as far as I got. I applaud myself for trying, but am disappointed I didn't succeed or try harder.

I didn't run a 5K. What was I thinking? Pay money to run? I went to a few for photos at work and I contemplated running one just to say I did, but I didn't.

I did spend more time with my family!

I did spend less time social networking!

I did not get back into scrapbooking and basically decided I didn't want to. I have other hobbiesright now like taking photos and crocheting that I would love to work on. I don't have to print them out and scrapbook them for the memories to be there. Maybe someday I'll get back into it, but not right now.

I did crochet more. A lot more! I love learning new things and that I can curl up on the couch to work on a project. Also I can grab a bag and throw it in my car to work on during breaks or if I have free time. I just finished my first poncho, though that was a 2012 project. I also made a full size throw, a star blanket, a small granny square baby blanket, a few "cute cuddly" animal hats including a dog, an owl, two penguins and a skunk and several other hats, catnip mice toys, an ornament and other small projects. There's still a lot to learn and I'm having fun learning all kinds of new stitches.

I did pay off one Jetta and bought another! I paid off the credit cards at one point, but spent more, dangit, and we've been doing well with the student loans.

I did take my family on a vacation! We went to Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and had an exceptionally fun time!

Work:

Be more concise- say more with fewer words, as needed

Make fewer mistakes, and avoid making stupid mistakes

Become a better photographer, practice and read manuals

Get more responsibilities as they are available

Recap: Overall, I would say I'm happy with where I am at work and with my work goals. I don't want to talk about each one individually.

Oh, and I was going to take a photo each day and post it on my blog. I did really good for a few weeks, but then I...failed. I'm still working on taking better photos and trying to notice things and be observant and honestly, if it were just taking a photo per day I could do it. I don't like being obligated to get online each night and post things if I don't feel like it. Lazy it may be, but sometimes after a really long day I just want to come home and crash or spend time with my family.

I was going to go in to NEW resolutions, but I think I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...