Sunday, January 8, 2012

Busy Hands

"True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new."
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I've been busy crocheting lately. My friend Jennelle asked me to make a newsboy hat for her little baby, due in February. It was fun and the hat turned out super cute!

IMG_9005

I don't have a baby model, but I can only imagine that it will be insanely cute on her little newborn baby.

Gary's mom had been asking for a poncho. I didn't have a pattern and I couldn't find one I liked. I thought if I made a bunch of squares I could connect them and voila, poncho. It kind-of worked out. I had to fill in on the back and collar of it. I didn't have a mannequin or model, but I made it work. Gary brought it to his mom tonight and she loved it! I'm so glad!

Front
IMG_9009

Back
IMG_9011

Me modeling
IMG_9014

IMG_9015

And I know this is a terrible photo, but G sent me a photo of his mom wearing the poncho. It's a cell phone photo but you get the idea. It looks pretty cute on her!
download

1 comment:

  1. GO GIRL! Holy smokes you've been crocheting up a storm. I love seeing all your goodies!! Thanks for all your comments you should change your settings so I can reply to them via email. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...