Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sprucin' Up for the Holidays!

Gary wanted me to title my blog post that ^. Hehe.
Anyway, Gary has been making up these centerpiece creations from dried zinnias, spruce branches, Juniper, Autum Joy Sedum and whatever else he can come up with. Tonight, he drilled a hole in a tree branch for some dried flowers. I love how it turned out, so I thought I would share it.

IMG_9669

IMG_9668

And finally, I saw some painted pinecones on Pinterest that I loved. I was wanting some for several days. The Friday after Thanksgiving I had to work and Gary and Vin were off, so they painted a few pinecones for me. Vincent picked the colors. They're really Christmas-y, which I love. The ones I saw were painted in bright shades, but these are perfect for the holidays. Every time I look at them I smile. I want them all over my house! Ok...I'm getting carried away.

I guess I didn't have to tell you that G added the spruce to this arrangement...
IMG_9672

And it looks pretty no matter which way you turn it!
IMG_9675

See? Easy peasy!
IMG_9676

The best part? It's pretty close to free!

1 comment:

  1. I just was looking at these and think I may have to add some to the shelf!!! I love inexpensive decor.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...