Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Got Pumpkin Seeds? Toast 'em!

I know, I know. Halloween is over. But, if you're like me, you bought several pumpkins and didn't carve all of them. So, if you have extra pumpkins around, or if you saved your seeds planning to make something delicious — here is the perfect solution. This pumpkin seed recipe is so easy you won't know what to do.

Step 1: Separate pumpkin seeds and wash off any extra goop.
IMG_0651

IMG_0661

Step 2: Gather your supplies. You'll need Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, salt and of course the pumpkin seeds. For an added splash of flavor I added an eensy bit of red wine vinegar (not shown).
IMG_0666

Step 3: Combine
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
  • And a dash of red wine vinegar.
Step 4: Place in a shallow baking pan and put them in the oven for one hour at 275 degrees.
IMG_0668

And Voila! A delicious, healthy snack. Don't you just want to run and grab a half-price pumpkin now?
IMG_0669
Oh, and I've also seen and tried delicious sweet pumpkin seed recipes, but I didn't make any this year. Hey, maybe I'll rush out and get some half-price pumpkins!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...