Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Letters Are Everywhere!

The other day, Emily at Glitter and Ink asked if I've ever seen photos of things that look like letters used to spell out words. I hadn't. I mean, I get the concept, but I had really never seen the effect in its true form. It reminded me of cutting various letters out of magazines and piecing them together to create words.

A Google search yielded a few results, all of which I liked. I decided to give it a try.

When I first started my photo challenge, which I abandoned about 4 or so months in, one of the results I was looking for was to be more observant of the world around me. What better way than to look for letters in everyday objects?

The site I liked the best mostly used nature and machinery to create the letters. I decided to broaden that and find letters anywhere I see them, including nature, machinery, architecture and other everyday objects. Let me be the first to tell you, letters are everywhere!

Since I started thinking about this, when Emily suggested it just over a week ago, I have seen letters in everything. Some, of course, more than others. I've even snapped a few. I have a ton of ideas for "themes" and just need time to find what I'm looking for. I want to gather a few of each letter with different shades and colors in the background.

My only rule for myself is that I don't want to create letters. They have to be already created. So if I see something that *almost* looks like something, I won't alter it. That's just the journalist in me.

In a few weeks or months I may have something to show you. I'll have to see how it goes.

Wish me luck. And thanks Emily for the awesome idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...