Saturday, June 18, 2011

Missing My Boy...

It's been awhile since I've updated this. With nicer weather I've been outside a little more.

I'll try to get caught up.

Gary's mom had been planning a vacation with her three grandsons, including Vincent. The day school ended, they headed to her house. I'd like to say I got a ton done, went out or did something crazy...but I didn't. Honestly, I missed my boy like crazy. Everyone kept telling me to go out and enjoy my "time off."

I did get to see Hangover II on a double date with my best friend and her husband. I also made cookies with my sister. Sure, I cleaned...but having a perfectly clean and organized house reminded me that no one was there to mess it up! Pathetic, huh? The truth is, I've never been a partier. Gary and I are both homebodies and actually enjoy spending time together, at home. I know it's crazy. We even talk about stuff, every day.

The most exciting thing I did? I took off the baby locks off the cabinets! It's about time! Vincent has been able to open them for years. I also organized the kitchen, but more on that another time.

I struggled with not going to see Vincent the first weekend he was gone, but unfortunately, our 150 gallon fish tank started leaking all over and we ended up having to take care of it. It wasn't too bad before we discovered the leak, but the water still leaked through our wood floors into the basement and knocked down a bunch of ceiling tiles. :s Oh, and we had a bunch of homeless fish. Luckily, we had an 80 gallon tank in the garage that didn't sell in a yard sale a few weeks prior. It served as a (cramped) temporary home. Only one fish was murdered because of the lack of space...It was sad, but I'm glad only one died. Gary really likes the fish.

After 10 whole days G and I went to pick up Vincent. When we got there the boys were eating hail balls... and loving it. I was so glad to have my little sidekick back! I don't even care if he leaves toothpaste in the sink and doesn't pick up his toys...He sure does make life a lot sweeter. I don't know what I'd do without him!

bby

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...