Saturday, November 20, 2010

Amigurumi!

The other day, I didn't even know what amigurumi was. I was watching a video for something and I had to look the word up. Apparently, it's the Japanese art of crocheting small animals or toys.

My first amigurumi project? A cat toy! I didn't have any stufing, so I used catmint from my front garden to stuff the mouse. I made one for my cat without the mint and he didn't really care for it, but with the mint... he ate it up.


I made a few, just because they were fun and easy to make. Then, I gave one to a friends cat, now her two cats... and dog... fight over it. I think I'll make her another.

Side View

Front

I didn't get too crazy and add eyes or anything, since it was for the kitties. But I think the mouse turned out pretty cute. I did buy some stuffing, so now I can try something else. Although, it's not like I don't have enough stuffed animals. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...